Cranberry Orange Flax Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
½ cup butter, melted
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 cup DDPK dried cranberries
2 oranges, grated zest and juice
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup DDPK ground flaxseed
2 Tablespoons DDPK whole flaxseed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350oF. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Omit the spray if using lined with paper muffin cups.
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the cranberry, orange juice and zest. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, flaxseeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine both mixtures together, mix until just blended.
- Fill the muffin cups to three-fourths full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins from the tin and transfer to a rack to cool completely.