Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Dan-D-Pak Dried Cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 lbs (1 bunch) asparagus, trimmed
- 150 g cold smoked salmon slices
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 large, ripe avocado, sliced
Combine cranberries, capers, honey, vinegar, garlic, oil and salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until warm. Let stand for 15 minutes to allow the cranberries to soften.
Blanch asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until bright green, drain immediately, place asparagus in a bowl of iced water. Let stand about 10 minutes or until cool, drain.
Return asparagus to the same bowl, add cranberry dressing and toss to combine.
Arrange asparagus on 4 serving plates, drizzle with dressing.
Top with smoked salmon, some sour cream, avocado, more sour cream and smoked salmon. Garnish with chives and dill if desired.