Strawberry Almond Heart Napoleons
Yield: 10 to 15 servings, depends on the size of your cookie cutter
- 1 pkg. (450 g) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed as directed on box
- 1 egg yolk, beaten, to bush on cut out the pastry
- ½ cup DDPK sliced almond, lightly crush
- 1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding (you may also use ice cream, pastry cream or cream cheese frosting as filling)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- Whipping cream, for topping
- Whole fresh strawberry, for garnish
- Icing sugar, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400oF. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll puff pastry onto clean work surface. Using a heart shape cookie cutter, cut puff pastry into individual hears. Place heart shape puff pastry onto prepared baking pan.
- Beat the egg yolk and brush over puff pastry hearts, reserved half of the hearts as bottom. Sprinkle the other half hearts with slivered almonds all over the top, these will be using as top layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are puffed and golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and let cool on wire racks.
- Prepare the pudding mix according to the package directions, uncover and let cool in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes before use.
- Spread cooled pudding mixture on bottom layers (one without slivered almond), arrange sliced strawberry over the pudding mixture, spread another thin layer of pudding mixture and replace tops (one with slivered almond on top). Top each heart with tiny dollop of whipped cream, garnish with whole strawberry and sprinkle icing sugar over the top.