Yield: Serves 4
- ¼ lb chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- Chilli peppers to taste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cups Dan D Pak Tom yum soup paste
- 4 slices galanga or ginger as a substitute
- ¼ inch lemon grass cut into thin slices on the diagonal
- 1 lime – juics and grated peel
Pour the lime juice on the chicken and let stand while you prepare the rest of the soup.
In a medium saucepan, place the coconut milk, tom yum soup paste, lemon grass, grated lime peel, galanga or ginger, and chillies.
Bring the coconut milk to a simmer.
When the soup is simmering, add the lime-soaked chicken pieces and stir to distribute them.
Reduce the heat so the soup stays just below a boil and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken pieces are finished cooking.
Remove from heat and serve immediately with fresh cilantro leaves for garnish.